By Parkinson Support Group
Jan 23, 2019 | 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
15A Jalan Kampar, 10460 Penang
People with PD may find it difficult to pronounce words clearly. This is because the muscles weaken in the voice box (larynx), throat, roof of the mouth, tongue, and lips.
Some resulting speech impairments might be:
- Hoarse or strained voice
- Muffled or nasal-sounding voice
- Unclear or slurred speech
Speech-language therapists can help people with PD maintain as many communication skills as possible. They also teach techniques that conserve energy, including non-verbal communication skills. Speech-language therapists are also available to:
- Recommend appropriate communication techniques to provide treatment that will aid in the success of daily activities.
- Treat all types of speech, language, and communication problems.
- Evaluate swallowing function and recommend changes as necessary.
Contact for more information
Chia Yee | 0105622210